• Edith L. Groves Public School

    Black and white photo of a three story elaborate brick school with pitched gables and side porch
    January 01 c. 1926

    Edith L. Groves Vocational School for Girls

    Photographer unknown

    Black and white photograph

    2012.X.396

    Edith L. Groves was a vocational school for special needs girls located in the former Protestant Orphan's Home on Dovercourt. It operated there from 1926 until closing in 1962. It was replaced by Heydon Park Secondary School.